LocalTrack - Staying informed means getting a head start.
Tracking the proceedings of any of the country’s 40,000 local governments can be a time consuming and daunting task. Information about the different stages of the ordinance processes is typically very difficult to locate and organize, which prevents you from being able to effectively monitor municipal developments that impact your organization.
Whether you’re interested in monitoring local issues for advocacy or compliance, LocalTrack is your solution for accurate and comprehensive local government monitoring. Our highly skilled analysts identify and categorize local actions based on your specific policy interests, and they do it in a time frame that keeps you at the front of the pack. StateScape’s client-driven approach allows you to pick and choose which localities to monitor and the subject areas that you want to focus on. You can also specify the depth of research that fits your particular needs and budget.
Statescape offers two levels of service to meet your local tracking needs and budget. All of the options described below are Analyst Filtered (Custom).
- Ordinance Monitoring: StateScape will monitor the localities of your choosing and notify you of newly-adopted ordinances that are relevant to your organization’s interests. These alerts make it possible for you to remain in compliance with any new requirements.
- Agenda Monitoring: This service level enables you to monitor the ordinance process in each of your selected localities from proposal to adoption. Our experienced analysts review council agendas as soon as they are published in order to provide you with the earliest possible notice of proceedings that pertain to your areas of interest.
As a client, you will also be able to utilize the following productivity tools to help make your job easier.
- Custom Group Notes allows you to add comments, analysis, contact notes, and other information to local data provided by StateScape to share with other users.
- Personal Notes is similar to Group Notes, but this function allows you to post notes to a local proposal or ordinance for your eyes only.
- Email Alerts enables you to subscribe to email alerts on individual local measures or to create a subject and state email alert profile.
- Email-It Tool enables you to easily send a pre-formatted email containing full local proposal or ordinance document text.
- Compliance Alerts allows you to subscribe to alerts for adopted ordinances only.
- Searchable Meeting Dates enables you to prioritize your work by filtering reports based on upcoming meeting dates.
- Access Links provides you with hyperlinks which direct you to agendas, minutes, ordinances, and supporting documents that are published on local government websites.
- Customized Banner enables you to incorporate your organization’s logo on StateScape’s search page to give it a customized look for your staff, members or clients.
- Report Generation provides multiple formatting options, including an interactive map format, in order to generate visually appealing and engaging reports on the local proposals and ordinances you are tracking.
- Quick Links Tool allows you to save customized reports and share them with other users.
- Personal Lists enables you to flag a subset of local proposals and ordinances that are of interest. This is especially useful for larger organizations with multiple users that have varying areas of focus.