LegisTrack - Combining detailed, nuanced analysis with advanced data collection technology.
With the hundreds of thousands of bills that are introduced each year by state legislators across the country, pinpointing the measures that could affect your organization’s interests can seem like searching for a needle in a haystack. StateScape alleviates this burden by combining detailed, nuanced analysis with advanced data collection technology. We specialize in weeding out the irrelevant and nonsubstantive bills that our clients do not need to see. We identify only the measures that impact your particular set of interests and we monitor them from introduction to enactment. Our team of issue-expert analysts and intuitive online tools will enable you to stay on top of both new and proposed legislation, as well as the latest policy trends.
Statescape offers four levels of service to meet your legislative tracking needs and budget.
BillFinder: We provide access to our comprehensive online database and allow you and your associates to enter relevant search terms of your choosing to generate pertinent legislation. This service provides the ease of a search engine with the convenience of having every state and federal bill accessible from one source.
BillFinder Plus: Our system will auto-populate a database of bills based on keywords and Boolean search terms, providing you with a customized pool of legislation that corresponds to your pre-defined areas of interest.
Analyst Filtering: Experienced teams of analysts personally identify and categorize legislation based on your predetermined issue scope, thereby providing a highly targeted database of bills that focuses solely on the issues and developments that matter to you most. This level of service is ideal for clients who want to minimize the amount of time spent filtering out legislation that does not impact their interests.
Compliance: If your legislative needs are compliance-driven, we can make sure that you only receive notice of relevant legislation upon enactment. This level of service saves you both time and money.
As a client, you will also be able to utilize the following productivity tools to help make your job easier.
- Custom Group Notes allows you to add comments, analysis, contact notes, and other information to legislative data provided by StateScape to share with other users.
- Personal Notes is similar to Group Notes, but this function allows you to post notes to a bill for your eyes only.
- Email Alerts enables you to subscribe to alerts on individual bills or to create a subject and state email alert profile.
- Email-It Tool allows you to easily send a pre-formatted email containing full bill text.
- Compliance Alerts allows you to subscribe to alerts for enacted bills only.
- Bill Version Compare provides side-by-side versions of a bill to portray how it has changed over time.
- Hearing Dates Filter enables you to filter tracked bills by upcoming hearing dates.
- Highlighter enables you to highlight important terms in legislation so that it’s easier to zero-in on the parts that matter most.
- Standardized Legislative Process Tracker displays a bill's status without having to read legislative process details.
- Custom History allows you to view the full history of a bill or only the most recent actions, either in chronological order or reverse-chronological order.
- Sponsor Information provides you with up-to-date contact information for a bill's sponsor.
- State Backdrop provides a comprehensive snapshot of the legislative process, timelines and leadership in each state.
- Access Links allows you to directly hyperlink to the most current version of a bill and related documents directly from the state updated in real time.
- Customized Banner enables you to incorporate your organization's logo on StateScape’s search page to give it a customized look for your staff, members or clients.
- Report Generation provides multiple formatting options, including an interactive map format, in order to generate visually appealing and engaging reports on the bills that you are tracking.
- Quick Links Tool allows you to save customized reports and share them with other users.
- Personal Lists enables you to flag a subset of bills that are of interest. This is especially useful for larger organizations with multiple users that have varying areas of focus.