Let our success be your success.
Legislative and Regulatory Staff Director (Partial remote work eligible)
We are looking for an intelligent, business-savvy professional who has demonstrated experience managing a professional staff. They truly enjoy coaching others toward a common goal, and have had past successes in doing so. It is important that they are comfortable with change and are willing to "wear many hats,” as working in an entrepreneurial organization like ours provides opportunities for broad exposure across the organization as projects require cross-team collaboration and joint work efforts.
Specific duties of the Legislative and Regulatory Staff Director position include:
- Leading and managing a team of 12 legislative and regulatory research analysts in their daily activities.
- Regular training and coaching of the research staff.
- Ongoing quality control of researchers' work.
- Developing improvements to workflow processes, including the development of an improved project management system.
- Working closely with peers in our Quality Assurance, Client Success, Client Development and Information Technology groups to ensure fulfillment of client and prospective client requests, problems and needs.
- Conducting employee performance reviews, and handling routine staff disciplinary matters.
- Hiring and training of new researchers as team needs dictate.
- Approving remote work, overtime, and leave requests.
The ideal candidate is familiar with, and adept at working in, online databases; has a passion for legislative and regulatory policy research; is detail-oriented; and enjoys working in a tight-knit, flexible management team.
The ideal candidate will also have demonstrated experience in legislative and/or regulatory monitoring or legal research for a tracking company, Congressional office, trade association, law firm, non-profit, corporation or consulting firm. Expertise in the use of legal research databases, and familiarity with Microsoft Access or other database management systems, is desired. An educational background in political science, communication, law, or business is a plus. Experience as a Legislative Director, Deputy Chief of Staff or District Director in a Congressional office is an especially good fit for this position.
Our Old Town Alexandria location is within walking distance of the King Street Metro. Up to three days per week of remote work will be approved once the applicant is fully trained. The salary range is between $75K - $90K commensurate with experience. Benefits include subsidized health care, Simple IRA employer contributions, paid holiday/leave, and casual office environment.
To apply for the Legislative and Regulatory Staff Director position, please complete the job competency evaluation below, and submit a cover letter and resume. The job competency evaluation is an online evaluation which will take 20-30 minutes to complete.
Resumes will not be considered without completion of the job competency evaluation.
Step 1 - Take the job competency evaluation.
Step 2 - Send cover letter and resume
Salary: $75,000 - $90,000 per year
Job Type: Full-time